Thursday, February 12, 2009

MisEducation of Lauryn Hill

Lauryn Hill is a legend in her own right. She has a beautiful voice and is very talented. The music she sung about was so real and relatable and versatile. Hill is multitalented with the ability to act, sing and even be able to rap. Songs such as His eye is on the sparrow and can literally bring tears to her audience’s eyes with the connection she brings. Over a decade ago she put out the CD The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill that had a lot of successful tracks that a lot of radio plays. As an artist she was able to branch off from the Fugees and create a successful career.
When it is said on the podcast that Hill didn’t reach her full potential of how good she could sound in comparison to her role on the movie Sister Act II I would have to disagree. She has a very unique voice and style when she sings. Depending on what an artist sings I believe is how you perceive them. For her album it’s a composition of her style of music and her distinctive voice. As appose to when she sings other songs she I think adjust her voice for the type of song she sings. I find myself vibing and nodding my head to Lauryn Hill a lot but I also listen to the words of the song she is singing in comparison to music now where you listen more for the beat because the lyrics have no substance. You have to incorporate I think the whole package when you judge a person’s talent. With just listening to her CD I can image her performance and ability to entertain as well as the situation she is singing about. I believe that it all counts. I think with each CD she put out she did sing to her potential and she was able to entertain and had actual talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment